The Scholarship will be awarded to students from high school or college to help
further their education.
The scholarship will be awarded according to the following priorities:
- Members and or relatives of members of Mt. Zion UMC.
- High School Seniors who live in the Mt. Zion community.
- Recommendation from the appropriate Guidance Counselor.
- Scholarship funds shall be paid directly to the college or university.
- All scholarship recipients shall apply each year for the scholarship. This entails supplying the Scholarship Committee with information concerning your status at your school. A copy of the student’s most recent grade report and the expected date of graduation should be remitted each semester.
- Scholarship recipients attending a four year college will receive $2,000.00 per year ($1,000.00 per semester) for a maximum of four years.
- Scholarship recipients attending a community college will recieve $1,200 per year ($600.00 per semester) for a maximum of two years.
- A student that desires to attend a community college on a half-time basis (6 semester hours) may be awarded $300.00 per semester.
- A scholarship recipient that attends a college or university for at least one semester and decides to change to a community college will receive $600.00 for one year.
- Contingencies (illness or death in the immediate family, etc.) arise in all our lives. A scholarship recipient that drops out of school without a valid reason will receive no further support from Mt. Zion UMC.
- Your application must be submitted to the Mt. Zion Scholarship Committee by the designated deadline each year; for all applicants and grades need to be recieved within thirty days of their posting in the case of re-application.
- The decision of the Scholarship Committee is final.
- Mt. Zion United Methodist Church does not discriminated on the basis of race, national origin, or economic condition.