The Alleghany Education Foundation provides
scholarship and enrichment opportunities to students
in Alleghany County.
Sparta United Methodist Women Scholarship
Purpose of Scholarship: To provide financial assistance to a graduate of Alleghany High School affiliated with Sparta United Methodist Church who desires to further his or her education. Applicants must exhibit scholastic achievement, leadership qualities, and participation in community and school activities.
• Alleghany High School Graduate or Graduating Senior
• An active member of Sparta United Methodist Church or an active participant in the ministries of Sparta United Methodist Church.
• An applicant for entrance to a two or four year accredited college or university.
• Completion of the Local Scholarship Application Form found on the alleghanyedfoundation.org website.
• A Participation/Membership Verification Form (available at Sparta United Methodist Church) signed by the Sparta United Methodist Women Scholarship Committee must be included in the completed application packet.
• Submission of two letters of recommendation: One from an AHS faculty member (Teacher, Guidance Counselor, Principal, Asst. Principal, etc.) and one from a SUMC member or a current employer.
• This cover sheet must accompany the completed local application scholarship form along with all required documentation.
• The scholarship is a one-time award; however, each undergraduate student meeting the criteria shall be allowed to reapply in succeeding years by submitting formal.
correspondence along with a transcript of grades to Sparta United Methodist Women at the address below.
• The scholarship funds will be paid directly to the university or college the student will attend. If the student terminates his/her education, any unused scholarship funding will be returned to the Alleghany Education Foundation.
• All eligible applicants will be considered without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Post Office Box 33 Sparta, North Carolina 28675